Thursday, September 21, 2006

j-pod? Aucune façon!

So - ever since I have demoted my TV box to basic, basic cable, I have been watching way too many reruns, and of course you-tube. Unthought-of accessibilty comes along with you-tube. Take for instance episodes of The Office. Amidst hackneyed opinions of how, of course, the Brit version is so much better (how can it not?), I discovered, to my "why-bother-amazement", that apart from the American digression, the French and German have their own versions as well. Now obviously one would expect a why-bother response; after all, isn't that the whole point of making deadpan fun of a globalised pod culture - homogineity? And if the Brits have got there first, seriously, why bother?
Same difference? Not quite!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dropping...dropping...dropped:

MIMESIS

Oopsy daisy!