- warning shop keepers not to sell cards and gifts in the name of Valentine Day.
- [failing which] Encourage the burning of Valentine Day cards.
- Taboo the word Valentine.
- Present - um, insist on - the option of celebrating lover's day in the name of current heartthrobs actors, Abhishek-Aishwarya rather than resort to a foreign name of St. Valentine to express love [I did not make this up!]
- Erect billboard advertisements asking young lovers not to hold hands
- [my personal favourite] photograph couples caught expressing their love in cinemas, cafes and shopping malls and hand the pictures to their parents.
read all about the practices in resistence at http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6358531.stm