Wednesday, August 30, 2006
"if you do not milk the cow fully, it falls sick"
so says Laloo Prasad Yadav, India's Minister for Railways. His credentials are:
1. Installed and run a kitchen cabinet in his home state of Bihar for a rather long time. His wife cooks for him, and runs the state government for him while Laloo relaxes on a swing.
2. A seeming lover of home cooked food, his wife and children are more often than not named after yummy Indian sweets: Rabdi, Jalebi, Ladoo, Firni etc etc. I also think he does things by the dozen. Interestingly, they are all milk based sweets.
3. Inexplicably makes the forever loss making Indian Railways a cash cow.
4. Will begin to deliver bull-ish lectures at eager and trend-conscious management schools - you know IIM-A, Harvard and their like....
5. Butters no one, creams them instead. However, never one to pay heed to expiration dates, ultimately leaves a sour taste in the mouth.