Wednesday, June 28, 2006

the Goddess in me is my greatest aphrodisiac…

Worship me for my power, that of creation, and that of destruction, that of generosity, tolerance, kindness and forgiveness, that of beauty and wisdom, and that of rage and cruelty.

I am Aphrodite, Persephone, Minerva, and Bellona. I behold the essence of Kali, Durga, Lakshmi, and Saraswati in my soul… and I am Gaia, the Mother Earth in my being. I tolerate and forgive you for being naïve, greedy and self-absorbed, pamper you with love and kindness, and guide you through the joys and pathos of life... in return of your utmost devotion. And when I am wronged, I can destroy you by taking it all away.

alas! my KJ moment:

Luisa suffers from the classic “Mother Earth” syndrome, wronged by her cheating husband. She desires to acquire the empowering role of the giver, to be worshipped in return. Why justify her actions with a medical condition or a terminal disease? She, like any other woman, is capable to switch over to her goddess self, regardless.
Alfonso Cuarón's "Y Tu Mamá También” (And Your Mother, Too)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a brand spanking new adjective...the KJ-Moment!

Anonymous said...

Karan johar is not KJ, he's K.Jo!!! Like, J.Lo! where have you guys all been? KJ...????? what's that???

Api said...

ha ha... that's a good one!